While we are busy scrolling down Donald’s Trump tweets and watching Katy Perry perform at Superbowl, the field of science and technology has made massive progress in many areas. The growth of science in providing solutions to the biggest pain problems has been remarkable. Scientists, entrepreneurs, and inventors are working on top and proving their tenacity with their insane discoveries. These discoveries have caught the attention of the world and can stir the tide for the next big thing which can impact our lives for the better. Following are some of the greatest scientific discoveries recently:
- Cannabis helps in chemotherapy – the University of London recently found in their study that psychoactive substances like CBD and THC in cannabis can stimulate the effectiveness of drugs used in chemotherapy when beating blood cancer like leukemia. The results of using the substance along with CBD and THC showed great improvements. It works in a way that an initial dose of chemo medicine and then a later dose of cannabinoids can cause a positive This is one of the reasons why the world is actively pursuing possibilities with the prospect of medical marijuana. Dispensaries like Big Sky Health, led by the example of centers working in the best interest of people and giving them cannabis-based products with amazing benefits. The cannabis operator Jason Washington had an active role as the founder of the dispensary.
- SpaceX launches a rocket using recycled parts – During rocket launches in space, a lot of expensive equipment goes to recycling and for years, it would never be in use. Elon Musk changed that. In 2017, SpaceX made history by launching and landing a used Falcon-9 rocket booster. This scientific breakthrough allowed the company to save over $18 million on every launch.
- Artificial Growth of human tissues– Regenerative medicine field has been a thriving one recently. It has been known that the recent work of Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine allowed them to develop artificially growing human tissue and organs. This breakthrough discovery could help patients having all sorts of medical problems. This directly hints at the future of growing limbs and organs using this way.
- Preventing child mortality using a synthetic device – Child mortality issue has been around for decades now. However, doctors at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia created an artificial uterus with a synthetic device which can help negate diseases in prematurely born young children.
- Discovery of an alien planet – Extraterrestrial life has been a subject of massive controversy. But scientists of ESO just made a massive discovery recently. They found a habitable planet which they named “LHS 1140b” and it is actually present in the zone of a dim star that is forty light years away from planet earth.
These discoveries are a clear hint on the progress of science in our times. What lies in the future, no one can make a certain comment but science’s progress has opened to possibilities which humans could not even dare to imagine in the past.